Superficially Deep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RAID ETIQUETTE !

5 posters

Go down

RAID ETIQUETTE  ! Empty RAID ETIQUETTE !

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:09 pm

The hallmark of this guild is its people interactions.  We play for fun.  We play to enjoy joking and bantering with friends.  We play to not point fingers and get bitchy at the 1st sign of struggle.

Joking:
During our raids we are used to a certain amount of free form banter and goofing off in the chat server.  This makes things fun.  I want to keep it, however....  We are now a guild of about 3x more active raiders than before.  Which of course means 3x more people talking and trying to listen.  More people talking over each other and interrupting.  More mics left open while we listen to you pee.

I ask this:  Know The Time.  Joke away.  When the moment is quiet or nothing important is going on.  When 90% of the raid is dead and Phil is trying to invis and run away while you all die.  Joke!  Also,we use voice communication, so..... feel free to joke away in text!  Fast  "that's what she said" 's.

Times to shut it:
*Explanations of fights (1st time at least, yes I know this is super hard when iain is talking).

*During the actual fight when someone is trying to give orders and lead.

*Loot, let the loot master hand out loot quickly and efficiently so we can move on.  NOTE:  PLEASE do not do fake rolls, fake bids, fake etc for loot anymore, it gets extremely confusing for the loot master and with so many more people.... much more so.

*IMPORTANT: A lot of people are A type.  We all feel we know the best ways to do things.  We cannot all be the cook or quarterback tho.  Please let the raid leader lead.  Calls for things will be made by him, and supported by calls from officers.  We cant have 15 people calling things out, it just simply wont work.  Lets leave that number at 1 main with 3 backups.  Nobody is infallible tho, so By All Means, if you see something we are missing, some strat that might work better, some problem with another player.  MSG an officer. DONT badger them with 40 msgs, just let them know.  If it continues to happen, let em know again.  Sometimes they do miss tells, they aren't ignoring you, they just have a lot going on. Raid leader is going to be very busy, especially at the starts of new content. If your msg isn't end of the world, send it to another officer, and let them find the right time to bring it up to the raid leader.

*Please don't call people out in raid.  It is preferable to go thru an officer if you see someone making a simple mistake.  Ideally you could msg them and let them know, they would say thanks, and shazaam, were all adults.  But lets face it, sometimes you make a suggestion, they think you are ordering them around or being a dick, they get mad, you get mad, etc etc.  Whisper an officer, let them sort it out.  Look at it this way, you get to just play and have fun, let someone else do the worrying.

*At this time, either in or out of raid, you can msg any officer about any issue and they will get it sorted, if not exactly at that moment.  However, as a split you can look at certain areas this way:  
Msg  Philodox /Astfgl  for all Guild related issues.  Discipline issues, gbank issues, etc.  The running the guild issues.
Msg  Panaceum /fitsi /Iain  for all Raid related issues.  Strats, times, roles, etc.  The running the raid issues.
Msg  Snudge /Slimegullet /Shawn  for all Loot related issues.  The system, the lists, etc.  The passing out loot issues.
Msg  Braw  For in depth super guides on how to make millions of gold, and get all your loot drops on one run.
Msg  Nightsfire, Sparkster, Braw, Rulegend, Snudge, Panaceum, Philodox for anything.  They are your officers, they will get it done. (in 1-5 days)

* It is likely that raid consumables: food, flasks, dps pots, heals pots, mana pots, will be a little sketchy at the start.  AH prices are all Very high right now on stuff, and if I farm mats for all of that then it will be literally all I do on the game.  Not to mention you know have to be a Herber/Miner/fisher/Skinner/1stAider/Cooker/Etc  to get any of it done now.  We Appreciate all the help we can get with supplies or any of these items.  Dropped in the bank on tab 1 they will be moved to their appropriate resting places.  Even just supplying your own needs will be a nice stress reliever on the gbank.  If your rich, and you want to self repair, that's also a nice benefit.  Personally, I try to supply all my own consumables and I always repair out of my own pocket, but that's just me.  Raid days repair allowances will be raised for the raider ranks, especially at the start, but you may have to consider helping out a touch.  If we all use 1k a week in repairs x 30+.... you can see how fast we will drain our money supply.

*Please do not insult or call out other people. Be careful of your jokes, know who has a sense of humor and can take some ribbing and who cant. Opt for peace if your not sure. Most of you know the lines, your officers can take a punch. Lets not get into any individual bickering tho please.

*Please Concern yourself with doing the fight right. We aren't booting people if they are not number 1 on the dps list. I sure as hell wont be. We would MUCH rather you did the mechanics right and worked to support the whole, then stood in something to pad dps numbers at the cost of your healer having a coronary. Once we know the mechanics bass akwards, the dps will rise all on its own.

*YOUR GOING TO DIE. A LOT. If this causes you severe anxiety and stress, perhaps checkers would be a better game for you. It is a fictional cartoon made up of 1's and 0's and it too will cease to exist someday. Get over it. You are going to get yourself killed. You are going to get someone else killed. Someone else is going to get you killed. Shit happens. We will kill EVERYTHING in time. In time, ALL will fall before our blades and spells. Have patience grasshopper.

*If you need to afk to pee, slap babies, get food, etc. Please send a quick tell to an officer which needs no response, and even a quick "afk bio" in raid chat. You can ignore this if its literally super fast afk. But if were about to pull on a boss, let it wait, or let someone know, then move as quick as you can. Remember there are 20+ people sitting there waiting on you. Please don't be the guy that's always going afk for the trash. We all hate it, its faster if everyone's there. That being said, trash is the best time to pee and get a soda. You would be surprised at how often I hear people complaining that so-and-so is always afk for trash. It isn't going to make you popular in the long run.

*TL:DR Go back and read it, its 5 min of your life.

Joke when its not interruptive.
Msg and let officers handle issues.
Be a helpful and team raider.
Don't sweat the small stuff.

Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

RAID ETIQUETTE  ! Empty Great Post!

Post  Sparkish Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:55 pm

Myth makes some great points. I think some of the biggest things would be remembering the very large amount of people in comparison to previous raids. So its even more important to be early/on time for raids. Everyone has been amazing gearing up and super involved helping out everyone. Don't forget to look at the guides before the raids. Also look to your officers and fellow guildies for making gems/enchants if you need them and you only having to buy mats (if its cheaper). SOOO excited to start raiding again. WE'RE GETTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER!

Sparkish

Back to top Go down

RAID ETIQUETTE  ! Empty Re: RAID ETIQUETTE !

Post  Missbehayvin Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:18 pm

I like the part about how we're all going to die. Oh and the slapping babies part. Pretty accurate!
Missbehayvin
Missbehayvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Braw Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:27 pm

checkers is really hard imo...

But thanks for going over this Myth! We are all here because we enjoy this game and enjoy raiding and downing bosses and we have a solid community here in the guild for having a great time doing so. There may be some tough bosses like those silly dogs but that just makes killing them so much better. Also if I recall we went and pretty much 2 shotted the boss right after them!

Cant wait to see all of you guys in raid!

Last edited by Bradley0 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Braw
Braw

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkish Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:29 pm

^^^

Sparkish

Back to top Go down

Post  Braw Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:37 pm

I once was playing with this girl who was trying to make up some sort of rainbow checkers move that allowed you to take the piece like 2 squares in front of you.... it was really weird
Braw
Braw

Back to top Go down

Post  bimbles Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:39 pm

I will try

bimbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down