Superficially Deep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your biggest noob moment!

+3
Myth/Oli/Phil
Fitsi
Brewjin
7 posters

Go down

Your biggest noob moment! Empty Your biggest noob moment!

Post  Brewjin Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:30 am

Well the forums seem unused for a bit so like the title says, What's your biggest noob moment in WoW!!!

Mines was with my 1st character (Rogue), and I was on some poison low level quest out near Duskwood and an NPC put a poison on me durin the quest and I was freaking out to my friend who had alot more experience in WoW than me, and he told me that if i did not find a cure in 24hrs my character would be permanently dead and unplayable, which had me freaking out even more since I was lvl 30ish back when leveling was time consuming. So eventually after asking everyone in Stormwind, a pally told me he can cure me but for 200g!! Atm I had a lil over 200g and that was alot back then, and me the noob payed him cuz if I lose my character the gold would be pointless! (>_<)
Brewjin
Brewjin

Back to top Go down

Your biggest noob moment! Empty Re: Your biggest noob moment!

Post  Fitsi Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Lol Brew that's awesome.

The first one of these that jumps out at me is when Shawn and I were playing out first toons. We were both night elves (of course) and had made it to astranaar to quest. We began PvPing on the road between the horde outpost and astranaar and wasted days and days there. One time we pushed them back and someone said "let's raid cross roads!". So away we go as a 30 man raid of level 20s, into the Barrens.

After we were wiped out we ended up in Ratchet. We took the boat to STV out of curiosity. I'll never forget that scared lonely feeling walking on the strange road a billion miles away from home with skull gorillas on either side of us. We kept saying to each other "where are we?!" "this is crazy, the world is so massive!" "I want to go home"

That was the most enthralled and into the game I've ever been.

I never got tricked out of a lot of gold because I never ever ever had gold until this expansion. In vanilla we could barely barely afford regular mounts. I farmed stone scale eel and sungrass for a solid week to buy us each one.
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:45 pm

I joined wow about a week or so after it came out. At the prodding of some friends in California. Rolled a war, didnt like stances, rolled a pally (Oligo is that toon and thats the name I used) on Lightbringer I think. Anyhow we had a couple dwarves a gnome and.. idk a hunter or something. prolly an elf, and were all up in the wetlands area. They had decided tho that they wanted to be pirates tho (the guild ended up being named pirates of the great sea or something) and because of this we all needed to go to booty bay. This, I was informed, was done by swimming... yes swimming, from wetlands all the way to BB.
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Brewjin Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:48 am

@Myth ouch on the swimming, @Crom I know the feeling, b4 mounts this place seemed enormous.
Brewjin
Brewjin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimegullet Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:42 pm

Brewjin wrote:Well the forums seem unused for a bit so like the title says, What's your biggest noob moment in WoW!!!

Mines was with my 1st character (Rogue), and I was on some poison low level quest out near Duskwood and an NPC put a poison on me durin the quest and I was freaking out to my friend who had alot more experience in WoW than me, and he told me that if i did not find a cure in 24hrs my character would be permanently dead and unplayable, which had me freaking out even more since I was lvl 30ish back when leveling was time consuming. So eventually after asking everyone in Stormwind, a pally told me he can cure me but for 200g!! Atm I had a lil over 200g and that was alot back then, and me the noob payed him cuz if I lose my character the gold would be pointless! (>_<)

My first toon was a male Nelf hunter (yeah i know right). Anyways I played the first 40 levels of that toon with aspect of the cheetah on like 70% of the time. I would get soooo frustrated when we were running around questing with no mounts trying to run through packs of mobs. He would arrive at our destination and I would be crawling through them using my pet to get them off me and feigning death all the time, I would eventually get there and I would be all "OMG IM ALWAYS DAZED - THIS SUCKS SO MUCH!" and Iain (floozy) on his priest - he would say "I get dazed too- you are just complaining too much" and then after a while he was like "yeah you do get dazed a lot... well i hardly ever get dazed it must be a priest thing because of my bubbles". Than one day after playing my hunter like that for like a month I hit lv 40 and got aspect of the pack and started using it all the time and now all of a sudden Iain had to crawl through what i had been crawling through for a month and then he forced me to read the tool tip finally and I had my biggest "OOOOOHHHHHHH! wow." and then I said "geeze, well than that ability SUCKS why would anyone use that?!". heh jocolor
Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brewjin Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:48 pm

Haha that is fucking hilarious Shawn, oh man I'm telling u the game used to feel so new and virginized back when we all started to play, now this game is our slutty bitch who's used and abused lol
Brewjin
Brewjin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleepish Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:49 pm

I had just installed the game and made an Undead Priest. My friend was on his way to the starting area to give me bags and money and I was roaming around. There were 2 NPC's dancing and pointing and laughing at me. So I walked over to them to figure out what was going on. I managed to hit one of them somehow... and they killed me! I had no idea what to do! My friend told me to run back to my body so I did... and then they killed me again! This went on for a good 10 minutes before my friend made his way to where I was... and then he died laughing. They were alliance players.. hitting them made me turn pvp.. and I had just provided them with a good 10 minutes of noob entertainment. /shame
Sleepish
Sleepish

Back to top Go down

Post  Altruism Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:15 pm

I had a warlock as my first character; got him to maybe level 32 before I quit. My blueberry pet ran slower than me so anytime I went anywhere (I would cross entire zones by running, I still do this while questing I'm terrible) it would despawn and I would die trying to tank.

I then played a rogue given to me at level 45. I think I pvp'd at level ~45 for the entire time until BC was almost out. I then leveled to 60 by grinding the guys in un'goro the tar lords or whatever. I didn't know anything but knew I liked rogue.

Then I tried to raid in TBC and met Sam. I raided as combat dagger the entire time and somehow was the worst GM ever. In fact, I'm still pretty terrible.
Altruism
Altruism

Back to top Go down

Post  bunz Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:01 pm

Well I'm bunz.. so there's that. My big noob moment was only ever having one character at end game. I have a crap schedule again so looks like i'll be Playing a bit here and there again.
bunz
bunz

Back to top Go down

Post  Brewjin Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:41 pm

Ouch Combat Daggers! I never got the sword of off netherspite so I was combat Dagz till SSC mmm that face roll damage after that sword :). Funny thing is I was always top dps as combat daggers and hardly ever used slice and dice :O tooltip did not tell me it was a dps increase so i thought it was points less, like earth elemental is to shamans lol
Brewjin
Brewjin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum