Superficially Deep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fast Gearing Upon Reaching Level 90

2 posters

Go down

Fast Gearing Upon Reaching Level 90  Empty Fast Gearing Upon Reaching Level 90

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:37 pm

Well I put this on the blizz forums and you might expect how well anything attempting to be helpful is received.... So I thought I would add it to ours too if only for personal reference later. And credit to Iain who made some post like this before. I just talk more.

OK, some of this is going to be dependent on a lot of factors. Is this your 1st 90 or an alt? Have any money? Does lady luck hate your guts? etc etc etc. I am going to aim a bit between new and established for the player on this guide. I am also not going to micro squeeze every ounce of justice/honor/valor/etc I can. Yes there will be some ways to make this more efficient, hopefully they will be added below by people who know a few tricks of their own. Also I realize servers are big and small and getting things done can be easier of harder so... obviously you will have to tweak things to individual need.

Pre 90 leveling:
Save as much money as you can.

Do as many dungeons and BGs as you can stomach; the goal is to hit 90 with 4k honor and 4k justice.If you’re questing, and intend to rep the toon up, or have patterns you need from rep for your professions: Spend 88 leveling in Townlong for Shado Pan rep, and 89 leveling in Dread Wastes for Klaxxi rep

Whether you’re leveling fast or slow remember you can get loot off of the Sha world boss in Kun-lai and off of Nalak on Isle of Thunder before you turn 90. (I assume Galleon and Oondasta too, but have not personally bothered to try.) (Also you will probably need a lock and friend to port you to thunder island pre 90 for that one, in fact a helpful guild and a few friends will help a bit in all of this.)

Ding 90 Grats!:It Monday. Why is it Monday? Because you have other toons and chose when to ding 90 and are doing so the evening before a reset so you can cram the most into the shortest period :P

If you do only one thing tonight, get 250 valor. Heroics, scenarios, daily quests, whatever. If your min/maxing...:

1) Spend your honor on pvp gear 476 ilvl. Buy as many 1250 items as you can. Convert all your justice to honor and spend that too. Your 1st 4k honor should net you 3 pieces of 1250 (rings/neck/back), and the conversion probably a 1750 item. (Don’t get boots! Neck will be replaced soon too so.... but this one is good to grab if you’re doing a pvp set too)

2) Go fill out your pvp set with blues from the AH. Good, now you have a starter pvp set if you intend to pvp at all, otherwise you now have a bunch of 450/458 blues and a few 476 purples to start you off.

3) If you have some money, friends, and/or a helpful guild, now would be a good time to see if you can get something made for mat costs for your class. The 496 boe hands and chest specifically, but there is usually stuff on the AH if you have some extra gold.

Note) You haven’t killed anything yet at 90 and you’re up to a min of 4 pieces of purple gear and possibly 6+ if you have some gold, and probably only wasted an hour. Also now might be a good time to mention weapons, yours probably sucks. The Arena of Annihilation scenario quest will give you a 450 to start if you would like. There is always the AH too. Now for some quickies.

4) Go to Isle of Thunder, turn on general chat and find a rare that is up, kill it for the key (shouldn’t be hard to get but... rng.) Use it to do the treasure scenario and hit every chest you can in that 1st room fast, you just want as many extra roll charms as you can get.

5) Go kill Sha in Kun-lai, Galleon too if that’s available. Roll. Don’t forget to loot Sha for the quest item; go turn it in for 476 boots.

6) Now ideally we would like to get 50 lesser charms and get our 3 runes of fate quest done tonight. We combine this a tad with farming valor. (Also any time you’re waiting in queues you can be either pet battling for tokens, or doing daily quests.) We are kind of looking for some speed here, so doing whatever daily quests are fast and available is a good way to go, valor and charms. Turn in for your 3 runes of fate, and...

7) Go kill Nalak on Isle of Thunder, Oondasta too if that’s an option. Rol..... wait. Do we roll?

Musings) How do we spend our runes of fate? Most of this is going to be completely subjective and dependent on what you want to do with your toon and what you will have available to do. Are you going to pvp and pve or just one of those? Will 502 lfr gear be as high as you can get or will you be joining your guilds raids or …. pugging? Personally I think if you’re going to pvp at all dropping a coin on Nalak is worth it, if not then he has 2 T15 available, but your odds of getting something you want go down a lot. That being said, at this stage of being 90 for ... idk 5 hours? even the pvp stuff is going to be an upgrade, so for the time being I would spend the coins on rolls, but perhaps later not so much. After that I tend to save them for the highest ilvl gear I have access to, and on bosses that drop the things I lust after (weapons and trinkets :p ).
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Fast Gearing Upon Reaching Level 90  Empty Re: Fast Gearing Upon Reaching Level 90

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:39 pm

8) If you arena and can suffer thru them being horribly under geared with a friend, get your arena cap for the week and buy a 493 pvp piece. IF you stop at 1250 conq, grab the 1250 item you didn’t get in step 1, otherwise pick up something 1750 that is replacing a blue.

9) Make sure you got a min of 250 valor tonight. Or if you have the will to cap it, do your daily scenario, and chain run heroics to cap. And/or more daily Qs and get a start on tomorrow’s 50 lesser charms needed.

10) Go repair your relationship a little and get some sleep.

On Tuesday:
Note) Now I left the grind capping of valor and conq stuff for late on Monday and it’s hard to say when to do it on Tuesday. Lfr is going to get you some valor today, which argues for heroics only as needed later. Conq might be dependent upon your having a friend to do them with. Tues and Wed seem pretty solid for me on all day lfr's running with reasonably sane groups, so this is kind of a priority over things you can solo or do at any time

1) As soon as you hit 1250 valor today, travel to the Shado Pan Assault Quartermaster and pick up your 522 neck piece, it only requires neutral rep. Do the rare key find/treasure step (#4 above) ONLY when you’re down to about 2 charms. Spend down time Queues doing dailies for valor and lesser charms. Whenever you hit 50 lesser charms today, go get your 3 runes of fate.

2) Reset day is often very easy to get your Sha and Nalak kills, do so along with Galleon and Oondasta if available. Roll on Sha and Galleon. Again your choice on using coins on Nalak and Oondasta. If you’re rolling on both though, save one kill for later as you only have 1 coin till you turn in your 50 for the quest.

3) LFR's.. yay? Well, they shouldn’t be too painful this early in the week, and you have to start at MV#1 and move thru them all. I do not see any reason why you shouldn’t have the ilvl to start MV by now, so have at it. Make sure to use the journal to check loot on the boss before the fight starts. At this point you are probably rolling every kill, but there can be rare instances of not needing a drop from something, or a boss that drops only 1 thing and you win it, so don’t waste any rolls for no gain.

Musings) Remember that you can redo the lfr's and take a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc roll on the bosses should you find yourself unable to continue moving thru them. Hopefully your luck is a tad better than mine is usually :P Now the...unethical part. Obviously we know at this point that getting into a lfr is based on the max ilvl in your bag and not on what you’re wearing. Which means you can have tank trinkets in your mage bags, or a boe agi ring in your priest's... I would only ask this of you. Don’t be lazy. However you get into lfr, spend your time in them helping. Know your rotations; they take only 10 minutes to look up. Know the fights, again videos of everything are easily found. Spend your time in the lfr groups working to learn your class. Some dps in there are on autoattack slacker mode and don’t be that guy. Practice practice practice your rotations on fights you know and should be reasonably easy at this point.

Conclusion) There is really no reason you cannot get yourself to a 480 ToT farming ilvl in about 2 days very easily. I got to 489 on my hunter last in 3 days and basically skipped all of the Monday steps because I leveled him out around 5am Tuesday morning :P After that, run all of the ToT you can and hit older lfr’s to cherry pick the bosses you need to fill holes. RNG can still be an issue, but you can get far very quickly.

All are welcome to add tips and argue order or validity of the steps above :)
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Fast Gearing Upon Reaching Level 90  Empty Re: Fast Gearing Upon Reaching Level 90

Post  Fitsi Fri May 03, 2013 5:53 pm

This is killer stuff and very timely.

You should repost on general forums and ignore trolls.

Even blizz is trying to post guides for nubs to gear up.
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum