Superficially Deep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I find this interesting... Hope it works out well... WoD info

2 posters

Go down

I find this interesting...   Hope it works out well...   WoD info Empty I find this interesting... Hope it works out well... WoD info

Post  Calvin Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:34 am

Items

They feel like it got really annoying to get upgrades--too much min/maxing, too much stuff to wade through.

Goodbye hit and expertise. Goodbye dodge and parry. Goodbye reforging.

There will be more enchants, but fewer items can be enchanted. They should be a BONUS, not a REQUIREMENT. They want it to be like how you would get Crusader for a weapon back in the day, not a requirement to immediately pick one up.

Fewer items will have gem sockets, but gems will be more powerful and exciting.

Meta gems and set bonuses will be gone.

No strength plate vs intellect plate. It's just plate (or leather or cloth). Sorry paladins, no one's happy when your intellect plate drops.

Primary stats... your gear changes when you change spec. If you have leggings on for your holy set, they will switch to strength when you go to ret. This is huge.

Simplify everything: armor for tanks, spirit for healers. This makes up for losing things like parry and dodge on items.

There will be tertiary stats: sometimes you can get extra stats for free, they don't count as a budget. For example: Sturdiness (no durability), speed (movement speed will stack), cleave (increased AoE damage).

Calvin

https://www.youtube.com/user/FrankthetankAyla

Back to top Go down

I find this interesting...   Hope it works out well...   WoD info Empty Re: I find this interesting... Hope it works out well... WoD info

Post  Fitsi Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:57 pm

crazy eh?

Plus item squish in the 5.9 bridge patch.

The gearing meta game is going to seem super weird for a while. I feel like its for the best though.

the tertiary stats could be awkward though; does every "+heal on dmg" go immediately to a tank?

just the scaling loot system in general could be weird. they say "no break points!" but 14 raiders = 3 drops + 40% chance at a 4th, 16 raiders = 4 drops (just guessing at numbers) seems like a break point to me. The question is do we care that much to exclude someone?
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

I find this interesting...   Hope it works out well...   WoD info Empty Re: I find this interesting... Hope it works out well... WoD info

Post  Fitsi Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:13 pm

Also !!

Flex now = Normal modes in WoD
Normal modes now = Heroic modes in WoD
Heroic modes now = Mythic

Everyone knows this.  However, all three modes have different lockouts.  No more sacrificing the normal farm to do heroic progression.  We can have a farm night for the first half, then a serious farm night for the end of the content.  Then an optional mythic night (if we have 20 ppl).

Also !!

Because the new heroic modes are done in a flexible mode, even if you have killed a boss here or there you can still be in the instance and kill the boss again!!  just no loot from it.

Also !!

Everything but Mythic difficulty is x-realm.  

So if you want to do the first 3 bosses with your old buddies or your wifes guild or whatever you can xrealm with them without wrecking your lockout for the main raid.

Going to be fantastic :)

But do we recruit enough ppl to make a mythic raid?
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down