Superficially Deep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introductions

+4
Myth/Oli/Phil
Fitsi
Slimegullet
bunz
8 posters

Go down

Introductions  Empty Introductions

Post  bunz Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:26 pm

As I'm still getting to know everyone. I figure I'd introduce myself

I'm Bunz resident perma-noob. You shall often find me frolicking in low level fields running away from spiders and picking flowers. Minibunz a gnome rogue is my current character I'm putting work into. Should turn out to be my first level 80.
bunz
bunz

Back to top Go down

Introductions  Empty Re: Introductions

Post  Slimegullet Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:24 pm

bunz wrote:As I'm still getting to know everyone. I figure I'd introduce myself

I'm Bunz resident perma-noob. You shall often find me frolicking in low level fields running away from spiders and picking flowers. Minibunz a gnome rogue is my current character I'm putting work into. Should turn out to be my first level 80.

I would like to point out that Bunz has recently passed his old record for highest character level. cheers

Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Nicely done bunz. I notice you don't commit to ever getting higher than level 80 when the new cap will be 90. Smart. Keep expectations low ;)

Cromulence / moogie
I am just your typical 80 hour a week Warcraft junkie. Started playing just after they released BWL as an end game raid. I didn't hit 60, though, until guilds on my server were farming AQ. Unhygenic and I we're playing on an aussie server for some strange reason and we stopped leveling our first toons around 45 so we could endlessly run battlegrounds and maximize our pvp rank. This was back when battlegrounds were serve contained and we shifted our awake / sleep / work schedule to align with the play times in Australia. Seemed normal at the time.

We've been on a few servers since then, at first loving the new server rush then searching for the perfect balance of faction equality, player activity and battle group difficulty. KT wouldn't have been right for us a couple of years ago but now the hardware is strong enough to handle very high populations and zones will be faction equalized across battle groups; there are few drawbacks to being on a high pop server.

I love to arena. It's really my favorite thing to do in all of the world, of Warcraft. I used to skirmish for hours a day while waiting for my arena partners to log on. You should never miss your conquest cap while I'm around, I don't care how crappy your gear is. We can make it work :)

PvE has been less of a focus of mine but i definitly enjoy it. Especially at the beginning of an expansion when there is so much you can do to actively progress a character and the min max equations are not so tired.

As far as real life is concerned I'm a Canadian working for the government in Vancouver. Married to Unhygenic (got to do whatever it takes to secure a full time heal bot in pvp), with a half border collie, half rat, puppy.

Apologies up front for many long rambling posts from my iPhone while at work. The summer is kind of a slow time for my department.

:)
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  bunz Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Cromulence wrote:Nicely done bunz. I notice you don't commit to ever getting higher than level 80 when the new cap will be 90. Smart. Keep expectations low ;)

We're going to level 90 now? Screw that crap..
bunz
bunz

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimegullet Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:20 pm

bunz wrote:As I'm still getting to know everyone. I figure I'd introduce myself

I guess im supposed to say something about myself:

Unhygienic/Spramp/Picklebag/Crapulent/Grotesquia/Snudge/Pizzazz

....so i guess you could say I'm your local alt-a-holic haha (thats just my 85's on KT pirat )

My fav in game activity is bgs so you will always have someone for random (or rated) bgs. I most often play healers but can fill any spot with my alt obsession. you might have to fight off Crom or Mythus for having me as a heal bot but i usually try to spread the healing love around (with help of course from other healers - Sam hehe) im often trying to get a 5 man grp together to farm honor pts

I also quite enjoy PvE - looking forward to challenge mode dungeons
I will do tonnes of arenas... often not by choice but you will see me in their by order of sir Cromulence as his and Mythus' heal bot, I like to mess around in game doing transmog runs and pestering bunz to level faster (HURRY BUNZ!!!1111 bounce ) or just hanging around for when guild chat gets steamy Suspect

Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:19 am

Umm, ok I guess we are labeling ourselves.... Mostly so we can read them... ourselves....
Myth(old nickname) Oligo, Inficio, Philodox, Galliard, lots of low twink alts.

So if crom is the arena guy, and unhy is the... idk whatever the hell he put there. I guess im the resident depressive!

So, following format:

I enjoy failing at stuff, umm, bemoaning my fate and how life is out to get me! Discussing relative food prices (mostly donuts). For fun I make self depricating jokes about how bad I play, my sexual inadequacies, being a 3rd generation escaped (kicked out) demon, etc etc. People think these are jokes....

If your having a nice day, I can make it worse by discussing the general tendencies of humanity to be aweful to each other :) (cheating at badminton in the olympics... really?) And if your having a bad day I can make you suicidal... OK, maybe most of that is an exaggeration, but at bare minimum I can annoy you with having to listen to me :)

Now I guess I could really tell you what I prefer doing, but if I dont then I will be all mysterious and stuff. Which is like when people ask me about my real life. I am evasive to seem mysterious and whatnot, not because I feel honesty would make people cry..... (mostly me)

I will fill in the gaps and do what needs to be done.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to call my super religious mother and "accidentally" let slip that I recently purchased a book called "Satan Loves Me." She is praying vigorously to save me, alas, to no effect.
( fyi, she did not take it well at all... on the bright side, the next time in the conversation I told her "you dont want to know" she actually believed me for once and didnt press me on it!)

Have A Nice Day,
Myth/Oli/Phil/Inf/whatever

Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Altruism Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:16 am

Well, everybody else is doing it...

I'm Altruism, Profit and/or Empire.

As you can tell the capitalism theme plays strongly in my naming scheme. I am a reformed idealist working as a Mechanical Engineer for a large construction company in the Washington DC Metro area. I am an on/off again WoW player and am constantly convinced that this is the best way I can spend my free time. This is offset by the times where I am frustrated by the community and general asshattery and take off for real life sabbaticals.

I enjoy playing rogue and it has been my main for 4+ years. Recently (since Cataclysm really) I levelled up and made some alts; I enjoy tanking and long walks on the beach. Arena and PvP is the sole reason I play this game and by far what I derive the most joy from. I love the camaraderie and it's very satisfying when a plan comes together. I am nearing thirty and probably don't have near the reaction times/speed of thought I did when I was younger but hey, if you were all about my skill then we wouldn't be friends anyway.

I'm excited that you guys have invited me into your small community and look forward to building a lasting friendship through our shared interests. Thanks you guys and I hope to learn more about what makes you tick.

If any of you are wondering about the name, it has a lot to do with the community as a whole. Altruism to me is a complex idea especially because the end result of it in a sea of dickheads is being screwed over yourself. I enjoy the irony of being potentially the most selfish class in the game on a PvP server and at the same time helping others even to my own expense. I think as I grow older and more concerned with the trappings of my own life it keeps me grounded to remember the naivety that I had when I was younger. Believing in helping others, not because of god (Fine, God with a capital you zealots!) and wanting to be a noble pauper to me has lost a lot of its real life appeal in the name of comfort; but in this game where everything is optional nothing is important... I feel it still lives.

Personal interests wise - I really like paintball. I don't play in the woods but on turf fields with pads on and there is nothing that makes me forget about the daily pressures of life and just be a wide eyed kid again. I love the feeling of reacting fast and the format we play, 5 on 5 or 3 on 3 is a lot like arena in WoW. Let me know if you want my youtube and you can see my amateurish head camera videos of me being bad.
Altruism
Altruism

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:18 pm

Unhygienic - We agreed to never mention your steamy guild chats with mythus when I am away. Especially in public!

Mythus - You're bio was incorrect. It should have said "I am ready, willing and able to run all of your alts through ZF 200 times until you get both halfs of an epic lvl 43 sword"

Alt - Warcraft community is getting worse and worse as the age difference between me and the average player grows. I can't even look at BG chat any more. Also, calling rogues selfish is getting me in trouble here. Rogue's are a healers best friend - every resto druid should follow one, always.
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jadesong Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:57 pm

Well, I'm bored at work, so I suppose I'll do an introduction.

My toons are Jadesongs and Juliana, 80 priest and 40-something paladin at the moment. I like PvE, never have been any good at PvP, and am more than happy to help out other leveling peeps. Since Myth is our resident pessimist, I'll be the guild optimist- and I WILL address you all as best beloveds/good guildies/etc, whether you agree or not, Myth. sunny

I'm an Alaskan altoholic (maxed out my account with 50 toons across a dozen servers, although a few of those belong to my kids) with three kids and a 40-hour/week job, which is severely cutting into my WoW time. My husband is in the Army, currently in Germany, so we may be moving in the next couple of months. Possibly right around the time MoP drops, so I'll have to wait to roll a panda. My hobbies are WoW, reading, reading WoW-related things online (like NPC Comic and Dark Legacy comics), and cooking because I like to eat. Btw Bunz, thanks so much for the pics you posted of food; now I'm hungry and can't go home for another 4 hours.

Anyway, I'm really glad I'm in the guild, everyone I've talked to in it is awesome, and I will probably see you tonight online.
Jadesong
Jadesong

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:02 pm

I was in the military for 6 years. The Canadian navy. Shawn's uncle is in the special forces in the states. Although I sort of scammed my way out of long long deployments we both have seen the challenges of the military family life. Much respect to you for balancing everything.

I didn't know there even was a limit on toons per account. Are they all significantly leveled? I though Unhygenic was bad. I feel like there will be a lot of monk alts soon in the guild so make space so we can 5 monk instance grind to 90 :P

Don't be shy about some BG runs. We arent pretending to be a super elite pvp guild so feel free to join us sometimes. I believe blizz is making it less punishing to be wearing pve gear in battlegrounds with MoP. Also, you have a personal army to call upon if you get ganked in pandaria :)

Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimegullet Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Cromulence wrote:I was in the military for 6 years. The Canadian navy. Shawn's uncle is in the special forces in the states. Although I sort of scammed my way out of long long deployments we both have seen the challenges of the military family life. Much respect to you for balancing everything.

I didn't know there even was a limit on toons per account. Are they all significantly leveled? I though Unhygenic was bad. I feel like there will be a lot of monk alts soon in the guild so make space so we can 5 monk instance grind to 90 :P

Don't be shy about some BG runs. We arent pretending to be a super elite pvp guild so feel free to join us sometimes. I believe blizz is making it less punishing to be wearing pve gear in battlegrounds with MoP. Also, you have a personal army to call upon if you get ganked in pandaria :)

that would be my cousin, not uncle. Having a loved one go on long trip can be hard and thats without children, i cant imagine with : P He used to be on submarines so no contact for months since no phones or internet, i would keep an eye on the news just to make sure i didnt see "canadian sub stuck at the bottom of ocean" or something horrible like that haha

Jade- for sure join us in bgs, we dont mind inexperience at all and if you are playing with a group you might find it much more enjoyable- we were all new at some point! and yes pve gear will have a base resil on it in mop so while it wont be ideal you wont get 2 shot for having raid gear on.
Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Introductions  Empty Intro

Post  Sparkish Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:34 am

Hi! I'm Kilent, aka Sparky or some derivitive of that on most of my toons (Sparkish, Sparktacular, SparkoHeals). I just transferred from Detheroc with Kilent, my main. I already had an "alt," which is hard to call it that b/c of the time I put in on it and her gear level, but c'est la vie.
A little about me. I am a former 7 year paramedic and currently am an Emergency Room nurse. Yes, there are plenty of funny stories, but generally won't try to entertain people unless b/c I always feel like I'm boring people with them. I am currently engaged and working a lot to pay for the wedding. I am also taking classes online for my Bachelors Degree in Nursing, then I will be moving to Virginia, currently am in North Carolina, to get my masters and unfortunately my doctorate because my program is changing to a doctorate program very very soon. I am swiftly approaching the big 3-0. I am not amused by it. I am also less amused by the young kids, and sometimes adults who act like kids, on WoW who don't play it just to have fun. I have only played since Cataclysm and it is my first MMO. I love to do arenas on Sparkish, but less so with Kilent as I have not found my ability to do well in PVP with Ret pally, though I love being FC as prot pally :) I am very thankful to be asked to a small group of a guild who is here for friendship, good times, and casual raiding/playing. The competetiveness and high pace of some guilds is ludicrous (sp?) in my opinion, but each unto his own. I really think is the guild I've been looking for and hope to spend many many nights shooting the crap on vent and in guild chat with fun people.

Sparky

Sparkish

Back to top Go down

Post  Altruism Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:59 am

Where's that southern accent from? /curious
Altruism
Altruism

Back to top Go down

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:07 pm

the.... south? idk just spit ballin here... :D
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Introductions  Empty Accent

Post  Kilent Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Born and raised in north carolina. Not as pronounced as most, but def still there. Lived in NYC, manhattan for a couple years going to an acting college and LOTS of voice classes. Unfortunately moving back home means undoubtedly gaining some of accent back, hopefully not all

Kilent

Back to top Go down

Post  Fizziwig Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Figured I would introduce myself on here to continue the trend. My name is Spencer. I have been playing WoW since launch although I actually never logged in during Wotlk. I have played every MMO under the sun and for some reason always feel a need to shell out 60 bucks to try them all. I am by no means "hardcore" but dedicated. I am married with no kids. To earn a paycheck I work as an Industrial Construction Estimator and Project Manager so I am usually on evenings and weekends. Think that about sums it up.... reading it over it kinda sounds like a resume..

Fizziwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Heheh, that is the awkward line that I hate walking. I was always really bitter when guilds would want me to fill in forms and answer questions like a job application.

Hopefully this thread is more like an introduction and off hand reference to the people you'll be grinding a million heroics, scenarios and arenas with.

Or just a method to milk personal details out of strangers for identity theft purposes ;)

Tell me more about your banking habits?
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum