Superficially Deep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First impressions?

4 posters

Go down

First impressions? Empty First impressions?

Post  Fitsi Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:59 am

Myth got the title I wanted the most for a quarter million Hks and my rogue lost prep only to stand in 500 frost novas. I specifically got a range spell interrupt on my rogue to live against mages but the jokes on me because they don't cast.

I wasn't super happy with the new limbo reality.

Then I logged onto my priest and things were better. Heals are HUGE and fun.

So although I need to completely relearn how to play rogue and cope with being the red-headed step child spec, I think it'll be a fun month of profession leveling.
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

First impressions? Empty Re: First impressions?

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:46 pm

I felt like I had more buttons to push on pally when attacking which is likely good since sometimes dpsing on pally would have actual times where you did nothing. Due to healing being way out of balance my self heals are actually working pretty good and my survivability is a lot higher. So aside from a healer, which basically ignores me, I think im solid on any 1v1 fight.

I played a small bit of mage after you all went to bed and was sucking it up good :P So I will have to see what im doing wrong on spec or whatever. Your saying mages done cast and im still hitting scorch all the time while running, so maybe im doing something wrong. Thats why I like guides, so the super obsessives can run simulations and numbers and ... ugh. Then I can just read a paragraph :P

I am hoping a tad more practice on mage helps too and the games without you all were... painful. 12 yr olds ignoring everything while 2 of us tried to win. Then of course defending with vigor their idiocy. I must say morons annoy me. But the people who defend morons... Thats what makes me mourn this race.

Havent tried rogue or hunter yet. I know your subtle, and I hate suggesting this, but might have to mess with assasin. I watched a rogue last night repeatedly trash a druid healer FC with np. While I was on one earlier on pally and he just sat there, took 30% dam, single healed to full instantly, never lost mana.... So maybe a stunlock with mut? idk

The hunters I fought last night didnt bother me. Unless they had pet heals, np.
Warriors were pretty much the same.
Healers were all unkillable to me.
mages and shad priests were tough fights.
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:28 pm

I am not giving up on subtlety yet. They drastically changed where the damage comes from and took away a lot of the burst potential but I think the damage may still be there.

Assassination is easy mode thoughtless spec at the moment. You spam mutilate until you get a proc that allows a finisher attack. That's it. You don't even need to renew all your self buff finishers because some auto refresh in your rotation. Lame.

For subtlety I need change my play style a bit but there is a chance.

The mages I faught were a weird combo ice fire that makes me confused. Maybe I am just compiling all the mages of the night into one. It seemed like they were shatter proccing me into free instant pyros. Is that possible or does it have to be two ~fire~ crits in a row?

Ret comes out of this patch the best IMO. They are mega tanks now with healing being boosted.

Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:47 pm

the 2 crits needed are from direct damage, not of a specific spell type, but what im wondering is do you have to be specd fire for the free pyros? otherwise maybe people are speccing frost and boosting shatter that way and playing into a free pyro burst, idk. i have shatter given to me on fire but i wasnt noticing a lot of damage coming from it, everyone has 15 ways out of stuff, so... its like nova, freeze, 1 spell.

so assassin is a no thinking rape everything spec.. sign me up?
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimegullet Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:17 am

Cromulence wrote:Myth got the title I wanted the most for a quarter million Hks and my rogue lost prep only to stand in 500 frost novas. I specifically got a range spell interrupt on my rogue to live against mages but the jokes on me because they don't cast.

I wasn't super happy with the new limbo reality.

Then I logged onto my priest and things were better. Heals are HUGE and fun.

So although I need to completely relearn how to play rogue and cope with being the red-headed step child spec, I think it'll be a fun month of profession leveling.

i am loving the changes to resto druid. Im a little concerned about still being squishy in pvp at 90 since heals wont scale that well but i gained some mobility and CC.

im not concerned about healers being OP for mop at 90 (although its insane atm at 85) but i am worried about how much spammable CC is in the game- when there are 3 enemies around i am cc'd 90% of the time. its .... concerning

i tried hunter out a bit- the class seems improved a lot and could prove to be a very fun alt for me
Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Post  Altruism Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:56 am

My DPS got a huge jump on warlock but I struggled as a rogue and terribly so. I haven't yet tried the DK or Warrior but I am really fearing that melee PvP is just feeling so dead right now. I hear the warriors have good burst and decent mobility but with the bursty casters and ridiculous healers it just seems frustrating all over again.

I got in a bg and there was a resto? druid farming our GY... that happened the entire WSG until we lost 0-3. I am considering playing warlock since it seems we have plenty of tanks. The self-healing is pretty ludicrous in all honesty and you can talent fear to be instant (costs 4% of your life on cast.)

Mage I haven't tried yet but I was pretty unenthused with the way rogue was playing, this was depressing indeed. Does anyone else feel that so many of the talent choices do the exact same thing? Especially with my DK I felt that every ability in each individual tier serve the same purpose. Ah well, I'll stick with casters since it seems we're going to have plenty of tanks. I'd like to take just the first day off and grind with you guys if possible... what classes did you guys finally decide on?

For me it is looking like warlock/mage :/
Altruism
Altruism

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:13 pm

My rogue lost ~40% crit on my main attacks.
The change to sang vein means you cannot apply pressure without rupture up
That suck but I could still kill people and be a happy player...

Except...

Every caster (seriously all of them) has a new short CD AoE root. A damn root. I have only vanish and cloak and I can be AoE rooted out of stealth anytime I get near a fight. Game breaking for rogues, really.

The cool down on the shammy AoE root is so low that you will never touch him while cloak is down.

I specced into a range spell interrupt / lockout AND free gouges with no positional req. I should be a nightmare for casters with kick @15 sec, gouge @10 sec and a range lock out for 6 sec with no CD. Instead one word of glory or riptide erases 45 sec of flawless play.

I have never been so annoyed by pvp.

However, this won't stand. Things will change naturally as we level and then also with balance patches. I still have hope.

Profit - we will be up extremely late that tuesday. I would love it if you could grind with us but know what you are getting in to. Stay up really really later Sunday and dog it through work Monday. As soon as you get home pop a gravol and go to sleep until 2am. Then wake up for a 7 hour session :)

Rawr!!!

I'll be port warrior with Unhygenic resto healing and myth Mage firing (?), so any strong dps will be great
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:56 pm

I like how he puts a ? after my name, as though what class I was playing and the fact I have been drafted into a 48 hour wow session is up to me :P

I would agree with crom on most of this. Stuff is waaay broken now, and will be until 90. But at 90 it will balance better or they will be Forced to balance it. Also crom is a bit stuck on subtlety. I get it, I hate change, and im a subt rogue too. But from what I hear assassin is the best spec now, and apparently too simple for crom :P I watched a rogue in a bg the other night repeatedly take down a druid healer FC with no trouble. I went in first and drew all the bullets, he went in behind me and ... blamo. So you may wish to simply explore other specs.

And should rogue once again be viable at 90, what class would you most like to be playing? Not that we couldnt use a lock for sure. I wont sit here and promise any class will be xx brand of OP later, but none of them should end up uber painful to play either.
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum