Superficially Deep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Company and Bad Company

2 posters

Go down

Good Company and Bad Company Empty Good Company and Bad Company

Post  Altruism Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:14 pm

Two parrots had built their nest on a banyan tree. The female parrot laid two eggs in the nest. After sometime, the eggs latched. Two chicks came out of them. The parent birds took good care of them. After few weeks, the young birds were able to fly for some distances. The father bird said, “We have taken good care of our young ones. We have fed them well too. They have played together. They have learned to fly. Now they can take care of themselves. Let us slowly leave them to decide on their own.”

Every morning the parent birds flew out to fetch food for the young birds. Then they returned in the evening with food for their young children. This was their lives and it went on for a while.

A hunter saw this behavior of these birds. He learned that the old birds went out in the morning. He decided to catch the young birds after the old birds went away in the morning. As planned; he caught the young birds. The young birds struggled their best to free themselves from the clutches of the hunter. One of the two young birds escaped from the hunter. The other bird was taken in a cage by the hunter to his house.

“I caught two birds but I lost one parrot,” said the hunter to his children. And he further added to his children, “Keep this parrot safely in the cage and play with this parrot.”

The hunter’s children played with the parrot. Soon the parrot in the house of the hunter learned to speak few words. The children said to their father, “Dad, our parrot has learned to say a few words.”

The escaped parrot flew away aimlessly. It had escaped from the hunter. It flew for some time. Then it came to a hermitage. Some holy men lived in the hermitage. They did not do any harm to the young parrot. The young parrot stayed there. It listened to their talk. It learned to say a few words.

One day a traveler was walking near the hunter’s hut and became tired. He sat down near the hut to rest. He heard the parrot speak. It said, “Fool, why have you come here? I will cut your throat.”

The traveler was very sorry to hear such bad words. He got up and left immediately in a hurry. He walked for some time and eventually reached the hermitage. The parrot was sitting on a tree near the hermitage and he heard it speak: “Welcome, traveler. Welcome to this hermitage. We have a lot of good fruit in this forest. Eat whatever you may like. The holy men will treat you well.”

The traveler was surprised. He said to the parrot. “I met a young parrot near a hunter’s hut. It spoke badly. I left the place immediately. Now I have met you. You speak so well. Your words are kind and gentle. You and the other bird are both parrots. Why is there a difference in what you say?”

By this statement, the parrot in the hermitage guessed that the other parrot was none other than its brother. The hermitage parrot said, “Traveler, the other parrot is my brother. But we have lived in two different places. My brother has learned the hunter’s language. I have learned the language of holy people. It is the company that shapes your words and deeds.”
Altruism
Altruism

Back to top Go down

Good Company and Bad Company Empty Re: Good Company and Bad Company

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:00 pm

By this logic, every time I say soemthing sad and depressing, it means it is the fault of all of you... :D

im gonna cal bs on this one, it hits close to the mark if you ignore the story and just read the "lesson" but it simplistic and doesnt take into account a lot of what makes a person who they are.

Also,

My parrot used to say Hurry when we were kids. Mom getting us ready and out to school... I guess that word got used a lot. then one day the bird starts in on it...

Bird was named Pokey so people wouldn't poke the bird? I do not think I have ever been allowed to name any of my pets, with the exception of maybe a parakeet once as a child,a nd then only because we each had one. Whom I named Justin after the Secret of Nimh character.

So i end up with pets like nikki, and toby, and cubby and suzie... BLAH I SAY!!

Leave it to me! For I Can Haz Pet named Guenhwyvar Plz!!

everyone gets all bitchy cuz they dont want to walk outside and yell Guenhwyvar! Guenhwyvar here!
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum