Superficially Deep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you could visit 3 places...

+2
Myth/Oli/Phil
Fitsi
6 posters

Go down

If you could visit 3 places... Empty If you could visit 3 places...

Post  Fitsi Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:42 pm

Here is the scenario. You have three weeks off work for a total of 23 days. You must travel along established plane routes. You may go around the world or turn around, whichever you wish, but you can only pick three cities to stop in.

Which three places?
How long each?
Do you stay in the city the whole time or tour around nearby?

This is loosely based on fantasizing I do at work about my ultimate dream trip. It's not something feasible though for many years.

What's your preference?
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

If you could visit 3 places... Empty Re: If you could visit 3 places...

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:59 pm

Do boats and blimps count? I think maybe Orgrimar first for 1/2 the trip, Prolly gets wild there. Then pop down to Thunderbluff to get some serentity back for a 1/4. Then finish with some beach time at booty bay. Unless we count the MoP areas, which are far prettier, then youd just stay out there for 3 weeks.

This is what you meant right?
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:25 pm

Not exactly...

I was thinking more about - Tokyo - Delhi -Berlin :)
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimegullet Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Cromulence wrote:Not exactly...

I was thinking more about - Tokyo - Delhi -Berlin :)

Iceland - Turkey - Tibet or Napal

hard to choose specific cities... Reykjavik - Istanbul i guess
Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:58 pm

Somewhere in Italy, not like rome, someplace I could see more real life and cook with old ladies.

Greece maybe, again idk where athens ruins?

London, Moscow, romania for women? :P
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Altruism Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:39 am

Bangkok for a week - “Simultaneously a frantic, high-tech juggernaut and a timeless Asian dream, Bangkok straddles like no other metropolis the boundary between acrid and sweet, soft and hard, sacred and profane. It’s a silk buzz saw, a lacquered jackhammer, a steel-belted seduction, a digital prayer.”

Then definitely Italy for a week spending time walking around Venice and then visiting the Vatacan.

Then back to the USA and visiting the grand canyon for a week and doing a rafting trip for the majority of those days.

I think that pretty much covers all the bases the old and the new, the urban and the nature.
Altruism
Altruism

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:07 pm

Grand canyon, people never say their own country. Nice.

I have had a wild love affair with Japan since I read "shogun" as a teen. I would spend 3 days in tokyo then 4 days meandering south to osaka. I would want to see the old and the new. This is my dream trip.

India in my mind is just about as different as you can get from Canada. I want to feel the heat and see the crowds. I want to stay someplace so densely populated that it boggles the mind. I want to eat so much spicy food that my tolerance gains about 10 levels in a week.

For my last place I truly would like to see Russia. However, they have refreshed their opposition to homos recently there so I can't support their tourism. Some quiet cove in Sweden or Finland for my last week perhaps. Sea food and laziness before headed back to work.

Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Fizziwig Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Well I actually will be flying to Rome on November 1st. Stay in Rome for 3 days, jump on a cruise ship around the Mediterranean (locations include Italy, Greece, and Turkey), then fly home after. Which all of this is a perfect segue to inform you guys that I will miss approximately 2-3 raid days.

Fizziwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:58 pm

Take me with you!

I think we need a a couple more healers in the guild :P
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:04 pm

cancel the trip, you dont get to miss raid.

I think people tend not to say their own country because if they wish to, they can manage that trip. I myself have been back and forth across this country more times than I care to count. I stood on the edge of the grand canyon and look down. Which was amusing because nobody else would come closer than 15 feet :P They were freaking out actually. pfft how can you go and not stand on its edge?

Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Braw Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

I've done a Greece Italy trip. I would recommend a visit to Pompeii if you're out there. I thought that place was incredible.
Braw
Braw

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:33 pm

Spramp and I had a whole 3 week vacation in Italy planned out about 3 years ago. Cinque terre then Modena, florance, Rome, Pompeii. We had scouted all the hotels and were just a couple weeks from booking when I got a $7000 bill from the tax man.

That hurt a lot.

The wine and the food and the wine and the people and the food and the beautiful landscapes... I really want to visit italy.

It's not on my global adventure trip though because I want to spend a lot of time there, even live there on some extended leave without pay scenario for a couple months. For the global adventure the places for me have to be a bit wierder so I'm ready to take off again in 6 days. I love the idea of Japan but I would never want to live there. France or italy? I'd move there tomorrow.
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum