Superficially Deep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stone Guard boss guide!

4 posters

Go down

Stone Guard boss guide! Empty Stone Guard boss guide!

Post  Brewjin Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:22 pm

It pretty much what we've been doing except just a couple of things different. But thought if everyone reads and understands every aspect of the encounter it will help everyone as a whole. So lets get it done and with the chemistry we have so far i belief well be in heroic raids sooner than later. But we'll see when the purples start dropping lol.

Creperie
In-Game Rank 2

re: The Stone Guard - MSV Raid Strategy
by Creperie on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:16 am

2 Tank
3 Heals
5 DPS - 2 target cleave is *good*

Council type fight, 3 bosses on normal (4 heroic?)

There is an energy mechanic in this fight where each of the bosses will build energy until they reach 100 [full bar] and explode. Bosses will build energy by being close to each other, standing alone (more than 12 yds away from the other bosses) the bosses will not gain energy, but will also take 90% reduced damage.

During the fight the raid will be hit with a debuff that corresponds to the color of one of the bosses that are active. The idea of the fight is that when you get a debuff, you need to get the corresponding color boss to reach 100 energy, explode (damage is reduced by 90% by the debuff), and clear your debuff before it freezes you in place.

In order to control the explosions, the tanks will be required to properly execute a taunt rotation to keep the two Guardians that are not supposed to blow up from reaching 100 energy. Essentially, the "Main" tank will tank 2 guardians at all times - and these two will be the DPS targets and that is where the raid will be located (range stacked and melee near main tank). The off tank will be 15-20 yds away (ensuring they are far enough to stop energy gain) and will always have 1 Guardian but will be responsible for initiating the taunt sequences.

TANKS
Taunt Sequence:
The Guardian who we want to blow up ("Blow Up Guardian" - BUG) will always be on the Main Tank (MT). The Off Tank (OT) will be responsible for keeping the 2 Guardians that we DO NOT want to blow up (NOBUGs) from doing so. This can be achieved by the OT tanking whichever NOBUG has higher energy away from the other 2. Since his target will not gain energy, eventually the other NOBUG will become the higher energy of the 2 NOBUGs, at which point the OT will taunt swap with the MT to switch their NOBUGs. Attention should be paid by the OT (and the entire raid) to ensure that if a NOBUG is higher than the BUG, taunt swaps should occur rapidly enough to ensure the BUG gains enough energy to blow up first.

Each time the OT taunts he will call out in Vent "Taunt" so that the MT will know to taunt swap. Ideally the OT will wait for the MT to taunt first, then taunt the correct NOBUG off the MT once he loses threat from his current NOBUG. The MT should not be calling for anything in Vent other than external CDs or emergency situations - the OT is driving!

DPS/HEALERS
Each Guardian has 1 ability that can and will mess with the raid. Cobalt and Amethyst have ground targeted abilities (a damaging pool and a launched mine, respectively). Jade simply does an AOE attack that is unavoidable and deals low damage. Jasper has an ability that links 2 players together, dealing damage if the players are further than 10 yards apart. (Unclear on strategy for this one, we'll try to run together at first, if the debuff clears, great. If that doesn't work, we'll spread and heal thru the damage - healers watch out in this case! Big heals and/or Cooldowns may be required!)

Ranged/Casters will be grouped up in an area just off the melee/MT group. When forced to move to avoid puddles or mines, the raid will simply relocate altogether and keep the same alignment.

Healers:
It is very likely that there will be several times when an incorrect guardian blows up, dealing heavy damage to the raid. These explosions SHOULD be survivable, but raid cooldowns will be beneficial to use to lessen damage. Explosions are predictable, and will be called in vent. Be ready to heal this spike damage, otherwise the raid damage is generally low.

General Notes
Heroism will be used on or slightly after the pull to maximize effectiveness of pre-pots and individual cooldowns. There are no "phase changes" in the fight and a late heroism is less benefit. Stack everything early and NUKE!
Brewjin
Brewjin

Back to top Go down

Stone Guard boss guide! Empty Re: Stone Guard boss guide!

Post  Fitsi Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:55 am

This is how I am envisioning the fight as well.

Two on me the entire time with the off-tank taking more control over moving the bugs. the off tank doesnt need to worry about his mitigation CDs as much nor about positioning for the melee so he can focus on the sequence.

Me trying to call was making me miss most of my rotation and making me eat a ton of extra dmg, plus I never knew which 2 bugs I had in front of me so wasted valuable seconds figuring that out. The OT with only one dog should be quicker to see what needs to be done;

MT has the Debuff boss and a low energy boss -- Nothing
MT has debuff boss and high energy boss -- Taunt the high energy one -- Call for MT to grab his boss
MT has two non-debuff bosses -- Taunt the one with the higher energy -- Call for MT to grab his boss

Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Fizziwig Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:34 pm

And pray we don't get jasper chains...

Fizziwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimegullet Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:00 pm

Fizziwig wrote:And pray we don't get jasper chains...

so if we dont get chains we have bombs and pools? ... no one move. ever. haha
Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Post  Fizziwig Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:16 pm

Yeah the mines only blow when someone runs through them. It is possible for a pally to bubble and clear them as long as no one is near them when he does.

Fizziwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Brewjin Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:48 pm

WW monk have touch of karma which is pally bubble on crack and dmg I'm supposed to take goes to the enemy who dealt the dmg :)
Brewjin
Brewjin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down