Superficially Deep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold on Mog Palace

3 posters

Go down

Gold on Mog Palace  Empty Gold on Mog Palace

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:25 pm

So from what I can se in the video. Its a dk tank, frost mage, shad pr, boomkin, and demo lock. The tank seems to be soaking damage well, and while I know hes getting heals, idk who is throwing them, maybe dots from pr and boom? would seem like a good amount of aoe.

They blow cooldowns including time warp right out of the gate on the 1st trash pull. where they pull the 1st 2 groups as one, then the 5 pull, then boss early. also the 3rd boss of that group they pull on top of the stairs leading down.

A couple points of speed I saw was:
They killed the 1st pull on the decending stairs and invisd past the next right thru the casters and off the rail. huge time saver right into a boss fight.
Then ignoring the after boss pull and taking the elevator with mobs cc'd reset them.
They pulled into the throne room with both of the next pulls chasing 1 guy, somehow not getting aggro on the gorup, he dies, they reset, rez... win.
Clear room, kill last boss.

We did right in bringing the invis pots, but it looks like you need 1 only and it has to be used right.
Looks like theres some luck in maybe having a Pat in the right spot.

Idk what we would do tho, I think we could use this method for a good silver time. But being able to 4 dps it with offhealing... idk how the tank is able to live thru the damage he must be taking on some of the pulls. no cc. and all 4 dps and the tank are putting out some form of multi target damage.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I would think we should pick out a dungeon a day or two before, find a gold video, do a slow run getting their strats down, then try it. I still think you cannot get gold unless you play to the overpowered specs/class combos, but I would think we could put up respectable silver times.
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Gold on Mog Palace  Empty Re: Gold on Mog Palace

Post  Fitsi Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:02 pm

DK tanks are seriously broken atm. You can find videos of them soloing challenge modes.

They are getting large scale nerfs soon.

Still interesting though. We need to be able to get over the railing way faster and be much better at stunning the melee cleavers so we can handle multipulls.

Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:19 pm

being able to 4 dps plus a tank with tons of dps kill mobs supah fast helps too
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Altruism Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:02 am

I have seen video's where they are using a healer but it looks like the key is two packs at once and drinking while tank pops a cd and starts gathering the next mobs.

I have two pieces to replace (ilvl 458) and then I am ready to try this again... I think monk fistweaving might be beneficial as I can do about 30k in aoe situations

I think strong aoe classes are the key here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Altruism
Altruism

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down