Superficially Deep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Technological Evolution?

2 posters

Go down

Technological Evolution? Empty Technological Evolution?

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:48 am

Please forgive my not using whatever the proper names of the tech is, I simply don't care :P

So, I am watching tv while eating... dinner (at 2am whatever you call it), and on comes a commercial. Now this commercial is advertising some sort of tablet by microsoft, with a keyboard that attaches right to it. Yes you put down the kick stand for the screen sitting mostly upright, attach the keyboard and voila!

Then I start thinking. Computers go from huge room machines, to home desktops (yes skipping some history there) with a monitor, tower, keyboard, and mouse. Then they go laptop, compact, smaller, and portable. Progressing downwards to phones with more and more power and tablets of various functionalities. To implement all of this they revolutionize the world with touch screen computing, voice recognition, and wireless anywhere connectivity. So the next step forward is obviously.... Setting up your tablet like a monitor and attaching a keyboard to it? Perhaps a mouse (sold seperately) ?? We appear to be starting to loop back upon our own history.

Now be careful here. Because we are in the future now. When we circle back to a room sized computer, it will be an artificial intelligence. And anyone who has ever watched movies knows... AI is going to destroy us all.

So I guess to save the world we must therefore disallow technological regression. Demand no keyboard. Demand no mice. Demand no touch screen. Demand no voice recognition. Demand the next step. Demand the computer... read your mind!

Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Technological Evolution? Empty Re: Technological Evolution?

Post  Altruism Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:08 am

First steps here?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Altruism
Altruism

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum