Superficially Deep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loot Distribution -- WoD Heroic T17

+6
Myth/Oli/Phil
Braw
Calvin
Slimegullet
bunz
bimbles
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Loot Distribution -- WoD Heroic T17 Empty Loot Distribution -- WoD Heroic T17

Post  Fitsi Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:00 pm

After considering various systems of loot distribution (DKP, Loot council, free roll, personal LFR style, ect ect) I have selected what I believe is the fastest, most light weight transparent and equal system.  A customized version of suicide kings.

How it works in a nutshell;
We have lists of priority for loot.  When something drops people of the correct item class can 'bid' on the drop by sending a tell to Shawn.  He merely looks at the list and the top person gets the item and then 'suicides' to the bottom of the list.  

What about people who get a drop and go to the bottom, they just wont log on again for several bosses when they know they have moved up?

If we have players that dislike raiding and just want epics I would be surprised.  However, in order to keep it even for people who never miss a raid; if someone signs up for a raid and then doesn't show then their name will not move on the list.  It will retain the same position as others move around it. (ex #2)

But what if no one wants an item or what if no one wants to bid on the item hoping that they'll get it by default without needed to suicide?

If there are no bids the item goes to free roll for offspecs, side grades, transmogs or if it is still relivent the item will be disenchanted for mats to build epics we do need. No one gets a gifted epic. (ex #3)

What if I don't want an item that drops?

Just dont bid on it, someone else will and it will go to them.  The onus is on you to know what is good for your spec.

What if someone just refuses to bid on gear to stay at the top of the list and cherry pick their favorite drop?

This is the pitfall in nearly every looting system.  To combat it I've separated loot into four categories: boring old armor, tier tokens, weapons, trinkets.  You can roll on a ring or a chest piece without losing your equal shot at a weapon or trinket or tier.

What if I bid on an item and win, I'm dropped to the bottom of the list but then realize that someone else needed the item way more and I want to trade it to them?

Good for you, that's the true spirit of raid over raider.  Just message Shawn and let him know that you bid by mistake.  He can revert the list and re-do the bids to make sure that the correct person gets the item and no one is passed over.  Once the event is settled, whoever got the item will suicide, as usual.

List Seeding

After a few raids the order wont matter, people will be moving around frequently and it'll represent who should get drops accurately.  However, to keep a level of equality the four lists will be seeded in such a way that no one can be at the top or bottom or middle of all of them.  Each raider will do two rolls.  The first two lists will be seeded lowest to highest one from each roll.  The third list will be seeded using the combined total of the two rolls, highest to lowest.  The last list will be seeded using the combined total of the rolls lowest to highest absolute delta from 100 (targeting ppl who have been in the middle up to now).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Examples

In this example;

1. The holy pally and the ret pally and the fury warrior all bid on the plate belt.  Holy pally is top of the list so its given to him and he suicides to the bottom.  
  2. The Guard Druid does not bid on the leather shoulder but the Brew monk does, it goes to him and he suicides to the bottom.
  3. The lock and Holly Pally both bid on the trinket so the Lock gets it and heads to the bottom of the list.

In this example;

1. The mage bids on the cloth chest and recieves it.  Because the lock is away they do not move up to the top of the list, instead they stay in second and the list moves around them.
  2. Likewise for the tier piece, the Holy Pally gets the tier and pushes the Ret pally above the Lock on the list.
  3. For the trinket the lock would remain on the bottom while the mage moved down to second to last.

In this example;

1. Drops are distributed to people who have bid and not nessesarily to the person who is at the top of the list.  
  2. The SPI trinket no one bid on and it was either disenchanted or free rolled on for offspecs with no impact to the list.

Last edited by Fitsi on Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:16 pm; edited 4 times in total
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Loot Distribution -- WoD Heroic T17 Empty Re: Loot Distribution -- WoD Heroic T17

Post  bimbles Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:10 pm

I stopped reading before I began.

bimbles

Back to top Go down

Loot Distribution -- WoD Heroic T17 Empty Re: Loot Distribution -- WoD Heroic T17

Post  Fitsi Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:18 pm

bimbles wrote:I stopped reading before I began.

That's fine; if you trust me then you don't need to worry about details. The distribution will be equitable, transparent and fast.

It is outlined here for those who are concerned.
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  bimbles Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:27 pm

I think we should leave the loot on their corpse. How good can it be? They were just killed with it. Raid in pvp gear ftw. No more bitchin, raid like champs.

bimbles

Back to top Go down

Post  bimbles Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:28 pm

Also vote for bimbles for your next gm!

bimbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Braw Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:22 pm

-50 DKP for bimbles already
Braw
Braw

Back to top Go down

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:27 am

There is no voting for Gm, feel free to make a guild and take everyone with you. I enjoy the quiet.
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Missbehayvin Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:32 pm

This seems confusing and made my head hurt. Looking forward to the cliff's notes!
Missbehayvin
Missbehayvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:59 pm

Missbehayvin wrote:This seems confusing and made my head hurt. Looking forward to the cliff's notes!

tl;dr -- Suicide Kings, w/ 4 lists
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:36 pm

What is Suicide Kings again?
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Calvin Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:31 pm

I've been raiding since BC and have only ever used the DKP system (which I did like very much) and the /roll on whatever system. I know nothing about this system you're talking about but I'm willing to try anything.

Few questions though.

Is this going to be done through an addon and if so will we be able to download the addon to keep track of everything ourselves?

If it is not done through an addon and it's going to be done using an excel spreadsheet (I assumed cause Fitsi has an unusual addiction to excel spreadsheets) and if it is done that way will there be an online access to the spreadsheet (not to edit) for everyone so we can keep track of where we are?

Calvin

https://www.youtube.com/user/FrankthetankAyla

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:02 pm

I haven't tried the add on yet but there is one out. It will track two lists and be viewable in game to anyone with the adding as well.

Shawn will use this for the weapons and armour, I think. The tier and trinkets will be sort of less frequent so well post the lists here and update them after each raid.

Because we'll want to have them updated pretty quickly after the raid they might not be in a pretty excel format. I know, it's a bummer.

The stuff that drops the most often will be tracked via in game addon for ease and transparency.
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Braw Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:01 pm

--short version--

4 lists - Tier, Weapon, Trinket, Gear

Everyone starts in a random place on each list.

Gear drops and and if you want it you /w loot master.

Whoever is highest on the list that /w gets it.

If you get the loot you go to the bottom of the list.
Braw
Braw

Back to top Go down

Post  bunz Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:27 pm

You should have more lists.
bunz
bunz

Back to top Go down

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:16 am

5th List Petition for a list for Mounts/vanity pets/toys. Also willing to separate the petition to 3 petitions to support lists 5, 6, and 7 If we don't want to lump them all together. Lets make Shawn do some work this time out!

Please sign below:

Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  bunz Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:30 pm

I'll gladly sign. The only reason that I don't play wow much is because of the lack of lists. That and Shawn and Trinks beat me when I do things wrong. They've gotten good at hurting me without leaving marks.
bunz
bunz

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimegullet Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:33 am

Bradley0 wrote:--short version--

4 lists - Tier, Weapon, Trinket, Gear

Everyone starts in a random place on each list.

Gear drops and and if you want it you /w loot master.

Whoever is highest on the list that /w gets it.

If you get the loot you go to the bottom of the list.

Just want to clarify two points:

-Only your position on the first generated list is random so to speak, your position on the other 3 lists is dependent on how you ranked on the preceding list.  This is just to even out the randomness of the first week. Someone will be on the top of the "gear list" and will be pretty lucky the first week but then when weapons start to drop the people who were at the bottom will be starting near the top of the weapon list, so it evens out eventually.

-Also if you are a no show for the raid your name stays in the same position on the list. So say you were top of the list and have to miss a raid, obviously you wont get any gear that week but when you return you are still top of the list but say you were bottom of the list and miss a raid you don't earn any positions either-  when you return you will still be at the bottom of the list.  so you arnt really punished by a no show (other than missing all the drops that raid) but also you arnt really gaining anything either, while the ppl who show up are moving up the list...  This system seems pretty fair in the show/no show respect imo.

Last edited by Slimegullet on Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimegullet Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:33 am

bunz wrote:I'll gladly sign. The only reason that I don't play wow much is because of the lack of lists.  That and Shawn and Trinks beat me when I do things wrong.  They've gotten good at hurting me without leaving marks.

get back in the garbage room bunz!
Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimegullet Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:34 am

Myth/Oli/Phil wrote:5th List Petition for a list for Mounts/vanity pets/toys.  Also willing to separate the petition to 3 petitions to support lists 5, 6, and 7 If we don't want to lump them all together.  Lets make Shawn do some work this time out!

Please sign below:

4 lists is already ready too many.  you realize if you make me quit loot master then you will end up having to do it right?

Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Post  Missbehayvin Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:10 am

Myth/Oli/Phil wrote:5th List Petition for a list for Mounts/vanity pets/toys.  Also willing to separate the petition to 3 petitions to support lists 5, 6, and 7 If we don't want to lump them all together.  Lets make Shawn do some work this time out!

Please sign below:

This crap never drops anyways. I'm with Shawn, keep it simple!

Missbehayvin
Missbehayvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:02 pm

There is no quitting. bitch.

Simple is for simple people, lets complicate the hell out of it!
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkish Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:22 am

If someone else beside me is keeping up with it, I'm all down for making shawn keep up with it and I'll just whisper him mercilessly.

Sparkish

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimegullet Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:00 pm

Sparkish wrote:If someone else beside me is keeping up with it, I'm all down for making shawn keep up with it and I'll just whisper him mercilessly.

I have a bad feeling about this...
Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:30 pm

Shawn is going to keep the master lists we go by.

3 more of us are going to keep duplicate lists so we can constantly question shawn on the accuracy of his lists.
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Calvin Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:43 am

Oh oh pick me! Pick me! I wanna constantly question Shawn's authority!

Calvin

https://www.youtube.com/user/FrankthetankAyla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next