Superficially Deep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else taking time off for MoP?

+4
Slimegullet
Sleepish
Myth/Oli/Phil
Fitsi
8 posters

Go down

Anyone else taking time off for MoP? Empty Anyone else taking time off for MoP?

Post  Fitsi Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:17 pm

Unhygenic and I are taking Tuesday and Wednesday off work to power level. The plan at the moment is to have all of the tol barad dailies done before the turn over and be logged out there.

Quest XP from cata will be tiny compared to MoP quests so I dot think it'll be worth the energy flying all over the world to pass in completed quests. However, 12 completed level 85 quests all in one tiny location is a boon.

After that free 5% or so we were going to chain a bunch of instances back to back to back until 86 or 87 to avoid the crush of people in the first zone.

Room for two more to tag along if you have got 6 hours to kill first thing Tuesday morning :P
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Anyone else taking time off for MoP? Empty Re: Anyone else taking time off for MoP?

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:43 pm

2 more? isnt a party 5?
and ill prolly be around... yeah i know it comes as a shock.

so your taking tues off but is there a patch/maint tues? would this not be wasted?
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Anyone else taking time off for MoP? Empty Re: Anyone else taking time off for MoP?

Post  Fitsi Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:10 pm

Do you think?

I was hoping they would midnight release and then let people play.

You think they will need to do server work prior to MoP? I thought that was what just happened.

I wasn't around for cata launch but for wrath and tbc we were playing at midnight, right?

It's foggy.
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:26 pm

yeah i wasnt expressing an opinion on it, i have no idea how it will go. i know they sold the games at midnight in the stores, and part of me think your right and they would do whatever fixing they needed done beforehand, but....

I know this is atm a convo between us two seemingly :p but anyone else recall anything? anyone see any blue posts on forums about what the plan is?
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:35 pm

after some forum browsing the best i can find is a general opinion/comments that say it should go live at 12 pacific. however nothing i found was from anything official.
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleepish Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:10 pm

I can't speak for the last one... but BC and Wrath were 12am PST. I stayed up for it.. fell asleep about an hour later.
Sleepish
Sleepish

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimegullet Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:17 am

Cromulence wrote:Unhygenic and I are taking Tuesday and Wednesday off work to power level. The plan at the moment is to have all of the tol barad dailies done before the turn over and be logged out there.

Quest XP from cata will be tiny compared to MoP quests so I dot think it'll be worth the energy flying all over the world to pass in completed quests. However, 12 completed level 85 quests all in one tiny location is a boon.

After that free 5% or so we were going to chain a bunch of instances back to back to back until 86 or 87 to avoid the crush of people in the first zone.

Room for two more to tag along if you have got 6 hours to kill first thing Tuesday morning :P

im up for it!
Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Anyone else taking time off for MoP? Empty Wanting, unsure of ability

Post  Sparkish Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:22 pm

As a former public safety worker, I have be subpoenaed (sp?) to court to testify, essentially, that I don't remember this person specificially (happened 3 years ago, at least) and that when I say "had smell of ETOH" about his person, it means it smelled like someone had been drinking alcohol in his vicinity. Can't testify to anything else, please don't make this case wait until the very last one of the day. Other than that, no work, free all day, fiancee will just have to hate me.

Sparkish

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:39 pm

Sparkish wrote:As a former public safety worker, I have be subpoenaed (sp?) to court to testify, essentially, that I don't remember this person specificially (happened 3 years ago, at least) and that when I say "had smell of ETOH" about his person, it means it smelled like someone had been drinking alcohol in his vicinity. Can't testify to anything else, please don't make this case wait until the very last one of the day. Other than that, no work, free all day, fiancee will just have to hate me.

Lol that sounds wild. I've never been involved in a court case though I watched a couple in highschool law class and have been abundantly ticketed.

Even if you can't be there for the initial hardcore push Unhygenic and I will be playing 18 hours a day for at least the first two and then all weekend as well. Many an instance shall be run.
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkish Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Sounds good, I'll be on and won'tstep away once I can

Sparkish

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleepish Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:50 pm

What day does this release again? You guys are going to force me to actually go into a store and buy this... It will be a first.
Sleepish
Sleepish

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightsfire Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:58 pm

I will be taking that week off of work and will most likely be on as soon as the expansion hits. I am up for blasting through dungeons if you need a healer or ranged dps. Looking forward to getting into the new content!
Nightsfire
Nightsfire

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:39 am

woot !

if you are on at midnight we definitely have room for a fourth.

i feel like having a 3rd strong reliable DPS would be better than a healer but if you can do either then we'll get instant pops for sure and hit 87 within a few hours for sure.

good times :D
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimegullet Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:43 am

Sleepish wrote:What day does this release again? You guys are going to force me to actually go into a store and buy this... It will be a first.

Tuesday! 25th at midnight
Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Post  bimbles Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:07 pm

i will be taking off mon oct 1st. i am hoping to hit 90 sometime that weekend. the following weekend is columbus day so another 3 day for me. getting stoked.

bimbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Altruism Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:56 am

Tuesday as in tonight at midnight or tomorrow night?

Either way, I think that I decided since I am switching to use the monk first there is no point in rushing all willy-nilly and waiting in a log in queue.

So I wont' take any time off. I plan on leveling hardcore for the next ten days to get up to 90 however. It would be great if I could get those levels granted before I get too far along though. Does anyone know if I can go to 99% of a level and keept hat all the way through in order to help with the 80-85 bump by starting as close to 81 as possible?
Altruism
Altruism

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:38 am

I know that that is how we used to do it. I think you carry over your XP on your bar but not as a percentage. We would grant to 59 then get 90% of the bar full and grant again. I doubt they changed that. As soon as you can pick a faction you can be boosted, I think level 15. We'll probably be online to grant the free levels.

:)
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightsfire Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:15 am

stuck on loading screen :(
Nightsfire
Nightsfire

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimegullet Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:16 am

Mirisanda wrote:stuck on loading screen :(

Us too : (
Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Anyone else taking time off for MoP? Empty Log in...

Post  Sparkish Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:14 pm

"Kel'Thuzad is Full. Positionin que: 368. Estimated time 23 min" Wahhhh. 8pm EST high traffic? West coasters better hurry it up, lol

Sparkish

Back to top Go down

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:42 pm

mine was 833
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  bimbles Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:55 am

Lvl 85.5 like a champ. Please God have 4 lvls of rested xp when I get back.

bimbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:38 pm

I expected them to increase the time it takes to 85-90 over 80-85 but I am surprised at how big the levels are. That said I am totally in love with pandaria; the quests are good, the zones are stunning, the mobs are not one shotable. it's a great time.

No one in the guild needs to kill themselves to level though. We'll have this raid tier for months and getting into it a week later than the top guilds in the world is obviously fine if that's what it comes down to.

Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down