Superficially Deep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Follower -- Min Maxing Thread

3 posters

Go down

Follower -- Min Maxing Thread Empty Follower -- Min Maxing Thread

Post  Fitsi Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You are going to have more followers than you can use. If you are even slightly interested in min/maxing this mini-game then you probably already have more than 20 followers and still on the hunt for more.

The above chart is a list of all 8 enemy abilities (far left column) and then every follower ability that counters by follower class and spec (the lower letters in each class box).

As you can clearly see, not all enemy abilities are created equal. While there are 19 counters to "Timed Battle", there are only 6 counters to "Wild Aggression" and "Group Damage".

My Analysis:

While leveling everyone was able to pick up a ton of followers. Nearly all of them were warriors and rogues. Rogues and mages are the worst followwer type, followed by Warrior and hunter. They have the fewest rare counters. The best spec to pick up seems to be Resto Druid or Prot pally. They have only access to rare and medium rare counters.

You can have 25 active followers and you'll want to use the same army so that they all level out to epic ASAP. Minus 1 follower for your 2 primary trade skills means that you are managing an army of 23 (only 20 if you like having someone in your mine // fishhut // garden // baracks). this means you're going to have to make choices on who to level to rare and who to deactivate forever.

23 followers should be designed to counter as many abilies as possible, 3 of each type of counter, minus one body of course.

Conclusion:
Deactivate that Rogue with a timed battle counter -- its by far the most common
Power level that Priest with a group damage counter -- you'll need him in your level 100 parties soon
Write out what you have, find out what you need, recruit from the Inn wisely

Last edited by Fitsi on Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Follower -- Min Maxing Thread Empty Re: Follower -- Min Maxing Thread

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:42 pm

oh good, govt dollars at work... :P

now if only we had any idea of what all those 1's and letters mean in the grid :P
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:02 am

Myth/Oli/Phil wrote:oh good, govt dollars at work... :P

now if only we had any idea of what all those 1's and letters mean in the grid :P

1 means 'true' or 'it exists' or 'yes' or 'check'

'none' means this class has no way to counter that enemy ability.

The letters are abbreviation of the class spec; F // Fr // A for mage.... need I say more?
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Braw Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is a breakdown of all of the raid missions which reward gear, for the top tier there are 4 different raids which will give 4 different levels of gear. (4 raids x 4 loot ilvl = 16 total).

To be able to get raid missions you must have at least 3 followers at the required ilvl. I have attached the raid missions which reward follower gear as well.

By the looks of it, counters to Timed Battle and Deadly Minions will be the most required, followed by Danger Zones and Wild Aggression. If you have followers with combinations of those, I would suggest you make them your priorities.

Iain isn't the only one that can make spreadsheets =p

Ive also seen suggestions that once you have a team set up its better to save gear tokens until you are ready to push a good portion of your followers into the next ilvl tier and do that all at once.
Braw
Braw

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:16 am

Bradley0 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is a breakdown of all of the raid missions which reward gear, for the top tier there are 4 different raids which will give 4 different levels of gear. (4 raids x 4 loot ilvl = 16 total).

To be able to get raid missions you must have at least 3 followers at the required ilvl. I have attached the raid missions which reward follower gear as well.

By the looks of it, counters to Timed Battle and Deadly Minions will be the most required, followed by Danger Zones and Wild Aggression. If you have followers with combinations of those, I would suggest you make them your priorities.

Iain isn't the only one that can make spreadsheets =p

Ive also seen suggestions that once you have a team set up its better to save gear tokens until you are ready to push a good portion of your followers into the next ilvl tier and do that all at once.

Thanks Braw, thats some juicy info, loving it.
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Braw Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:38 am

Yea, So you should be using my sheet to see what you need and then use Fitsi's to see what the best chance of getting those abilities are
Braw
Braw

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down