Superficially Deep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoD -- Raid Comp

+6
Nightsfire
Slimegullet
Calvin
Sparkish
Brewjin
Fitsi
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WoD -- Raid Comp Empty WoD -- Raid Comp

Post  Fitsi Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:35 am

So this is ~not~ intended to lock anyone to anything.  This is mostly just to spit ball as we get closer and closer to the next expansion, let everyone see who is thinking about what.  I'll update it and change it as the moods change going forward.  We are entering an intense period of WoW news and balance changes so feel free to update as often as you like.

Add a reply, tell everyone what you're thinking. I'll update semi-regularly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Cromulence on Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:58 pm; edited 10 times in total
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

WoD -- Raid Comp Empty Re: WoD -- Raid Comp

Post  Brewjin Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:34 am

There needs to be less people on the protector token list.
Brewjin
Brewjin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkish Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:53 am

I was looking at enh shammy or even my mage, possibly.

Sparkish

Back to top Go down

Post  Calvin Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:58 am

Whatever the guild needs, I have 4 toons that I'm comfortable with being my main, Warrior (tank) , Priest (heals) , Rogue (mdps) , hunuter (rdps). I'm more than happy playing any of these toons depending on what the group needs more. Just let me know and I'll start working on em more.

Calvin

https://www.youtube.com/user/FrankthetankAyla

Back to top Go down

Post  Brewjin Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:25 am

Sparky I'm sure this wasn't for you, your stuck playing the OP prot pally we neeeeed you to. Lol jk just keep it southern :)
Brewjin
Brewjin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimegullet Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:50 pm

Brewjin wrote:Sparky I'm sure this wasn't for you, your stuck playing the OP prot pally we neeeeed you to. Lol jk just keep it southern :)
I know myth historically enjoys prot pally so he might take your place... also Liz was talking about guardian i think
Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightsfire Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Holy Pally 4 Lyfe!
Nightsfire
Nightsfire

Back to top Go down

Post  Braw Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:34 pm

might as well just lock me in at DK
Braw
Braw

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:46 pm

From Bue
The primary stats on armor will now change based on your spec. Plate drops and it will have whatever stats your class needs, no more Intellect plate! No more PvP Priest Healing set and PvP Priest DPS set, just a Priest set.

If this is the case then I think I'll heal as MW Monk so I'm still able to swap to tank. If all my gear swaps to tank gear when I activate my second spec, and then goes DPS if I change later to a DPS off-spec...

That's pretty fucking hot.
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Myzeree Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:34 pm

While I do have a Blood/Frost DK & BM/WW Monk i will probably stick to the SPriest.

That being said I have disc offspec with Heroic progression experience playing Disc in Cata/WoTLK so can easily switch back and forth.

Myz.
Myzeree
Myzeree

Back to top Go down

WoD -- Raid Comp Empty WoD

Post  Calvin Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"The deep valley that's facing Azeroth's finest right now though is that with Pandaria's story concluded, it's going to be a long, long wait before Draenor's infusion of new content. No release date has been announced, which almost certainly means we're looking at just under a year. It's a long time to hold on, and while it's the same cycle that World of Warcraft has always worked on, times do change. "

Calvin

https://www.youtube.com/user/FrankthetankAyla

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:21 am

There is no possible way its further away than June 2014.

We are a guild of fairly hardcore WoW addicts and can you imagine what the cumulative play time for the entire guild would be in August 2014 with an Expan release in Nov 2014!?  Maybe 10 hours combined from everyone.  

How many people would keep thier accounts open?  They would lose 50% of their subscribers.

The only thing that kept the game alive through Dragon Soul was the annual pass, where they sacrificed D3 sales to keep WoW alive.

June at the latest -- or I owe Dwizz a coke.
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:52 am

Prolly do whatevers needed.
I will be leveling my mage. regardless of use.
then idk, either dk tank or pally tank as needed, possibly depending on whats good in pvp too.
then other crap
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkish Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:01 am

Don't rule me out as prot pally. Want to see what class changes are coming and how well I can play other classes. I like playing pally and don't want to switch to a class I suck at...worse than pally.

Sparkish

Back to top Go down

Post  Braw Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:04 pm

also not a fan of all these mages invading my tier piece...
Braw
Braw

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:33 pm

If I'm am understanding the blue loot posts correctly there are only two distinctions for drops now;
Armor class -- leather, plate, mail, cloth
Tier set -- vanq, conq, prot

If leather drops its good for any leather user, any spec. Same for all armor classes. So the best raid balance is just a good distribution between those armor types, while not stacking one tier and keeping all buffs / debuffs

Should be easy...

Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Brewjin Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:20 am

I'm going to be leveling a few tank classes. So I defenetly want to tank in WoD. Preferably Monk or Paladin. Depending on what Sparky decides.
Brewjin
Brewjin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimegullet Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:16 am

Sparky was going Enhance last I heard , seems like we have lots who want to tank ATM, ppl chAnge their minds a lot though. Still planning Mage here but will have me lee dps ready as backup incase range are weak
Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brewjin Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:02 pm

Do you know who is currently on the Tank line? We had few "new" tanks leave one of them the anti social smutty who replaced me while I was on rehab :P
Brewjin
Brewjin

Back to top Go down

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:47 pm

If I were everyone else, I would think about taking one toon up to max level while we all kinda figure out who is playing what. We can kinda work it out on here, but we don't really know who is going to be around and who is playing what till it happens. Nor will it be easy, I assume, to hammer out a raid schedule that suits everyone to a T. This being said I believe the flex nature of reg raids should help.

What I would ask is that: On the whole nobody is in love with the idea of being raid leader. There have been more than a few of us who have done the job in the past, present, and will in the future. So with all of the figuring out of what classes everyone gets, what times everyone can play, this and that. Let us all please try not to stress out our raid leader(s) too much with our childish demands :P Lets do everything we can to make all of this, a FUN GAME WITH FRIENDS. I do think we have a nice little guild here with a lot of people who genuinely enjoy hanging out and bsing with each other. Lets keep that ideal strong.

Lets encourage the raiders from demon's raid to join this forum too. We have a list of people wanting to play xxx and yyy, but I would like to see some of them chime in too. I expect we will be running a flexible number of players drawing from both raids, especially if raid days/times make the numbers go up and down from raid to raid.

Whatever gets done tho, lets keep our raid leader(s) sane as long as possible, and have a good time making fun of them for their inevitable mountain of mistakes. :)
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimegullet Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:54 pm

Raid leader smells.
Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimegullet Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:01 pm

With the flex mode for normals we just have to make sure we have 2 very consistent tanks and a couple back up tank specs.. heals and dps we will be able to wing it. When we get close to being ready for mythic mode we will have to plan out heals and dps a lot more and be stricter about our raid make-up but we shouldn't have any issues with normal so that will be fun not having to sit ppl prolly until mythic.
Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimegullet Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:03 pm

Like fitsi said planning out our normal modes will be more about spreading out our armour types and tier sets so we can get geared
Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brewjin Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:38 pm

I wasn't trying to stress anyone bud just wanted to put out there that'll I'll be available to tank when needed as I only work 3 days a week Monday to Wednesday all in the AM. And I will be there when I'm needed. I mean that what this thread is for right!? To let others know what we prefer to play in WoD. And trust me I've tried to speak with all of demons raid members but they have been very anti social other than Kiska and demon. Like I feel when I log on I'm in someone's guild and not ours, and I know I'm not alone there.
Brewjin
Brewjin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimegullet Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:44 pm

Brewjin wrote:I wasn't trying to stress anyone bud just wanted to put out there that'll I'll be available to tank when needed as I only work 3 days a week Monday to Wednesday all in the AM. And I will be there when I'm needed. I mean that what this thread is for right!? To let others know what we prefer to play in WoD. And trust me I've tried to speak with all of demons raid members but they have been very anti social other than Kiska and demon. Like I feel when I log on I'm in someone's guild and not ours, and I know I'm not alone there.  

hmm I think part of that is that most of the core raid is not really playing atm, we will take back control eventually, im not even subbed atm  : /

ps i dont think myths comment was directed at you in particular, just happened to be right after your post.
Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next