Superficially Deep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10m Normal Raid -- Reborn

+4
Sparkish
Myth/Oli/Phil
Slimegullet
Fitsi
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

10m Normal Raid -- Reborn Empty 10m Normal Raid -- Reborn

Post  Fitsi Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:47 pm

Although we came together as a team really well during normal mode progression, when we all shared the same goals and determination, once those goals had been achieved the raid became more and more difficult to manage.  I hope you believe I tried, to include everyone and bring a fun experience to the table each week that touched on a bit of what each person expected. I tried and gave what I could.  Raiding after Christmas for me was less about raiding and more about negotiation and recruiting and compromise.  

With the roster of the main raid sketchy, the goals of the raid divided and amount of effort required to recruit and assimilate new players, the game has lost its fun for me.  I need to step away from the stress and worry and use my free time for fun and relaxation.  

I will not be leading a regular 10m raid anymore until WoD.

I understand the implications of this and that a lot of you will need to move on and find a place to grind your gear, get your BoAs or push through heroics.  I wish you all the best !! I only want everyone to have fun and achieve whatever their goals are for this tier, good luck :)

This expansion has been the most fun ever for me.  I've been playing concurrently now for nearly 3 years which is a huge record and entirely due to the amazing people we've met and the great times we've spent killing bosses together.  I want to thank you all for following Shawn and Myth and I into MV and every raid after, helping us become real raiders.

We wont let our accounts lapse and will still be kicking around, killing evening times and waiting for new content.  I hope you'll all stay on my friends list and that we can share some good times again in the future.

lots love @ ur tits -- See you in game :)

Last edited by Cromulence on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

10m Normal Raid -- Reborn Empty Re: 10m Normal Raid -- Reborn

Post  Slimegullet Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:02 pm

Cromulence wrote:Although we came together as a team really well during normal mode progression, when we all shared the same goals and determination, once those goals had been achieved the raid became more and more difficult to manage.  I hope you believe I tried, to include everyone and bring a fun experience to the table each week that touched on a bit of what each person expected. I tried and gave what I could.  Raiding after Christmas for me was less about raiding and more about negotiation and recruiting and compromise.  

With the roster of the main raid sketchy, the goals of the raid divided and amount of effort required to recruit and assimilate new players, the game has lost its fun for me.  I need to step away from the stress and worry and use my free time for fun and relaxation.  

I will not be leading a regular 10m raid anymore until WoD.

I understand the implications of this and that a lot of you will need to move on and find a place to grind your gear, get your BoAs or push through heroics.  I wish you all the best !! I only want everyone to have fun and achieve whatever their goals are for this tier, good luck :)

This expansion has been the most fun ever for me.  I've been playing concurrently now for nearly 3 years which is a huge record and entirely due to the amazing people we've met and the great times we've spent killing bosses together.  I want to thank you all for following Shawn and Myth and I into MV and every raid after, helping us become real raiders.

We wont let our accounts lapse and will still be kicking around, killing evening times and waiting for new content.  I hope you'll all stay on my friends list and that we can share some good times again in the future.

lots love @ ur tits -- See you in game :)

Although you won't see me around much for the next week or so due to the move, I will still be around alot after the move as I will be unemployed and bored. If anyone else is interested in organizing a raid or fun achieve/challenge mode/pvp night let myth or I know and lets find some fun stuff to do to hold us over until WoD. Otherwise I will try to get some stuff going.
Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:10 pm

Fitsi finally snapped!  We knew it would happen!  Hide your bunnies and your large pots!  Get sturdy door locks, he's coming for you next!

Ummm well imma still be on, outside of my Bahama vacation.  I would certainly like to farm boa's still, and have np doing heroic prog.  If your into reg SoO runs Demon seems to be wanting to run one, and if Fitsi's is done the time frame maybe can be looser.

We could also still sched achiev nights and whatnot, maybe some group pvp for fun if anyones into it.
Myth/Oli/Phil
Myth/Oli/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:44 pm

Come to the guild meeting on the 7th and we'll decide what to do.

I just don't feel great about farming normals until the next expansion.
So maybe we can talk about what we want to accomplish between now and WoD and hopefully we can do a lot of that together still.

Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkish Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:46 am

TIME FOR HEROICS FOR REALZ!!! I'm down and gonna be around no matter what, you crazy Canadian bastards. Looks like Demon is taking normal raids seriously for anyone still wanting to do normals. Anyways, I'll be there on the 7th and the 8th, and the 9th, and the 10th, and...and...and

Sparkish

Back to top Go down

Post  Calvin Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:31 pm

I am 100% on board with heroics. I just don't feel that we should be skipping bosses that people still need stuff from to do so. There needs to be a balance. If anyone needs some gear from bosses we should be killing that boss. If all 10 people have BIS normal gear it will just make heroics easier.

Calvin

https://www.youtube.com/user/FrankthetankAyla

Back to top Go down

Post  Myzeree Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:23 pm

Been playing for 7years now (makes me sick thinking of it) and those that remember the old Vanilla & BC days of raiding can tell you this new stuff is too easy to give up on ;P

That said you have to be willing to put in the work and it has to be your own drive. The RL can only provide so much motivation
Myzeree
Myzeree

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkish Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:47 am

Dwizz, I feel ya on wanting BiS everything, but gear honestly isn't the problem. We are struggling on mechanics. I have seen several toons in shrine that are half geared in heroics and also have 4-5 pieces of flex gear on. I'm afraid that mixing heroic progression with normal farming is going to be hard or impossible because each time we're getting better at a mechanic and about to get it down, we're keeping one eye on the clock for moving along. It's late in the xpac, but it is progression. LoL, I think you weren't here for our epic Garalon and Stone Guards wipe fests. On one level, I hate going back to progressing, but on the other hand I like having something still challenging in an expansion that may be going to last forever, lol. In the end, I just like hanging out with everyone and will do whatever because you guys are my closest friends since I moved away from home.

Sparkish

Back to top Go down

Post  Calvin Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:21 am

I get that you want to progress on heroics. I do too and I know that gear is not our issue. I know it's not. But it will just make heroic progression easier. If a trinket off of shamans will help myths dps numbers then we should be killing shamans every single week until he gets it.(I doubt he needs a trinket off shamans and I don't even know if they drop one lol it was just an example)  I'm not saying we have to farm normal mode until WOD. But if someone needs something we should try and get it for them.  The gear will help on out heroic attempts. But I completely agree with gear not being our problem. Attendance is our problem to be honest. You can't have good progression when every time you go in its a different make up and there's new people. You just can't. I've seen it before and every time in the past it's ended the same way. I don't want it to end that way again. I can't afford more transfers. lol

Calvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calvin Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:23 am

A far as the toons you've seen in shrine in half flex and half heroic gear you can't really use that as a guideline. Most likely they were carried by a group that farms the shit like its nothing because they're super geared.

Calvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkish Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:34 am

I can't imagine just carrying people's toons through heroics. Its feels crazy as it is, but I guess if the carry's sole job is to not take dmg and do just some dps, it could be done. My brain can't wrap around it because I'm not so good of a player to be able to help people in that way, lol.

Sparkish

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkish Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:46 am

I'm not saying that's not what happened (sorry, just read my post to myself). Mostly commenting on my own inability to perform such a task and oggling those players that can.

Sparkish

Back to top Go down

Post  Calvin Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:02 pm

Oh it happens brother. I've seen people selling heroic garrosh kills. If they have a solid 9 or 23 that do it regularly then it's nothing to carry people.

Calvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkish Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:04 pm

I've seen people selling it before, I just can't imagine doing that, personally. That must cost a ton. I"m such a casual, lol. I bet it easy for them to do it, crazy professional wow players.

Sparkish

Back to top Go down

Post  Brewjin Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:17 pm

Dwizz if my awesome healer xfer servers i will find you and will make you sell your self until u can afford a xfer right back to KT lol
Brewjin
Brewjin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calvin Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:41 pm

I didn't say I was lol I said I don't want to as a matter of fact. As far as calling me awesome.......... no need to suck up you can call me fail, I can accept it as the truth.

Calvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brewjin Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:43 am

but dwizz i cant live with out my healers lol as a tank if i could i'd take out my healers for steak and lobster dinner every weekend, but when i'm dps your all scum to me i'd even stand in the healing rain to start the healing QQ fight lol
Brewjin
Brewjin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimegullet Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:10 pm

Dwizz wrote:I am 100% on board with heroics. I just don't feel that we should be skipping bosses that people still need stuff from to do so. There needs to be a balance. If anyone needs some gear from bosses we should be killing that boss. If all 10 people have BIS normal gear it will just make heroics easier.

I have to say i disagree with this.  I am still wearing 2 or 3 flex mode pieces on my shaman and I have only missed one raid all tier...  I could make the raid go farm these 2 or 3 bosses for my chance at this drop every week but its just not worth it as it takes everyone away from progression for too long for such a small chance at a small upgrade... we could spend another 2 months dragging 9 other ppl to this boss for my small upgrade and still not get it... iv gone half a year clearing these bosses without getting the drop I need so there's a decent chance im wasting everyone's time (or even that i could replace it with a heroic drop!) especially when gear is not the issue at this point, we over gear heroic content now.  We only raid 6 hours a week or so... that's not a lot of time.  We can't afford to spend 4 hours clearing normal modes at this point, we have so little to gain from that.  

We have all had enough time in normals and no one in our original main raid is significantly behind enough to not move on.  Its past time to get serious about heroics. Those who don't like to wipe 40 times can join the normal mode raid that's going weekly now or can wait for next tier when we will be back in normals (which will be called heroic at that point... confusing... )  anyways that how i feel about it.
Slimegullet
Slimegullet

Back to top Go down

10m Normal Raid -- Reborn Empty I dont give a fuck!!

Post  Myzeree Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:09 am

To be honest I don't give a fuck. I'm ready to down heroics, so any pussies that still want to fuck with normal mode can kiss my ass... That's pussy shit... This game is way tooooo easy!!!

PS: if I offended you.... KISS MY FUCKING ASS!!

And if you need BIS or full 567 gear to start heroics you fucking blow! Now that is honest.... Yeah im Canadian, but I would love to fuck with anyone who wants to go!
Myzeree
Myzeree

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:26 am

"Yeah im Canadian, but I would love to fuck with anyone who wants to go!"

I think that's our national chant in Sochi

We're doing heroic only progression starting today, brother.

See you there :)
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Braw Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:39 pm

totally read that as
"Yeah im Canadian, but I would love to fuck anyone who wants to go!"
Braw
Braw

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitsi Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Just going to wrap this thread up by indicating my raid has embraced a format change from now until patch 6.0. We will spend the lions share of available raid time and energy on heroic modes.

Once 6.0 drops we will likely not have a 20 man core ready to jump into mythic but flexible normal modes will mean we can merge the two groups and build some camaraderie before WoD makes under geared scrubs out of all of us.

I'm touched at how many people were patient through my meltdown and stuck it out through uncertainty. It speaks volumes about what a great, special, group we really have.  It was so gratifying to kill those 2 new heroic bosses Saturday and hopefully much more where that came from.
Fitsi
Fitsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Braw Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:22 pm

Only allowed 1 meltdown... After that it's /gkick
Braw
Braw

Back to top Go down

Post  Myth/Oli/Phil Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:26 pm

D-Bag